Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:03:19 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:35:27 -0400
    From:        Ken Hornstein <address@hidden>

  | Right, but as I understand it procmail doesn't natively know about MH
  | folders, it simply pipes things into rcvstore.

No, procmail understands MH folders just fine - what it doesn't do is
anything sequence related, you need to use rcvstore if you want the unseen
sequence updated for the new message.   In reality, what that means is that
procmail understands "find the next available number and put the message in
a file of that name in the directory named" (whether the directory is actually
an MH folder or not is beyond procmail's knowledge, and it certainly doesn't
grok the +folder syntax, or even look in $MHPROFILE)

I use both styles in my procmailrc - for messages I potentially want to
read, I have procmail pipe into rcvstore so I can see what's new.

For messages I'm receiving purely for archival purposes (so I can go search
them if the need ever arises) and stuff like spam, that I keep for a while,
just in case it is miscategorised, I simply have procmail file the message
in the appropriate MH folder.

kre