Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Does maildrop work correctly with nmh?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:35:27 -0400

>> I'm a little unclear on exactly what you want to happen, but it's worth
>> pointing out that inc can incorporate mail from a maildir.
>       What I have now and want to preserve is a .forward file
>that calls procmail
>
>       "|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail || exit 75"
>
>procmail then delivers to $HOME/Mail/folder/message# or
>$HOME/Mail/otherfolder/message# depending upon the rule set in
>.procmailrc.

Right, but as I understand it procmail doesn't natively know about MH
folders, it simply pipes things into rcvstore.

Okay, some looking makes me realize I was wrong; turns out procmail can
deliver to MH folders natively, but it doesn't update the unseen sequence.
I guess I thought everyone was just using rcvstore for that.

>       Interestingly, I see:
>
>if ( $MH )
>{
>    DEFAULT="| $STORE +inbox"
>    FOLDERS="| $STORE +"
>}

To me that looks like "$STORE" is defined as rcvstore.