Re: [Nmh-workers] Pasing stdin to "inc -file" ?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Pasing stdin to "inc -file" ?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:30:03 -0500

Ron wrote:

> >The normal way to handle your second problem is to set $MHCONTEXT
>
> OK.  To what?

See the mh-profile(5) man page.  For your purpose, as I
understand it, that file can be empty.  /dev/null should
work.

> Suggestion:  In the man page for "inc", perhaps it would
> be a Good Idea to list slocal in the SEE ALSO section (?)

Better, I think, is the rearrangment of the list of commands
by topic in the nmh(7) man page in the next release:

   Incorporating
       inc(1)          incorporate new mail

       Related utilities:

       burst(1)        explode digests into messages
       msgchk(1)       check for messages
       rcvdist(1)      asynchronously redistribute new mail
       rcvpack(1)      append message to file
       rcvstore(1)     asynchronously incorporate new mail
       slocal(1)       asynchronously filter and deliver new mail

> It appears to me that slocal is intended to take the place
> of procmail.  Is that correct?

Yes.