Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] message rewrite/fix up
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 18:13:12 +0000

Hi David,

>   mhfixmsg [+folder [msgs] | -file file] [-outfile file]

Are stdin and stdout required?  An `anno -inplace' on an existing
message would seem adequate.

> Attempt to backup the input file using the directory found by:
>   1) If input is a message, the folder of the message.
>   2) If input is a file, the directory of the file.
>   3) If input is standard input, the user's MH Path directory.

Don't bother backing up stdin, it's transient by definition.

> and using one of these for the filename, in order:
>   1) Message-ID with all / converted to periods, if file does
>      not already exist.
>   2) Message-ID with all / and \ converted to periods, if file
>      does not already exist.  (Need this for Windows.)
>   3) Concatenation of BACKUP_PREFIX (usually ",") and input
>      filename.  For stdin, that is a tmp filename of form
>      mhfixmsg-XXXXXX.

Why not replace all three with rmmproc;  I've already got that doing
what *I* want.  It's a pain it's not used everywhere as it is without
adding more exceptions.