Re: [Nmh-workers] indexing

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] indexing
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 16:08:48 +0000

Hi belg4mit,

> > (As an aside, I really dislike grep and friends no longer coping
> > well under ~/mail because of base 64 encoding, etc.)
>
> I usually use scan `pick -search` for that sort of functionality, but
> if that's not to your liking you might look at hacking on transparent
> base64 decoding to  http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/ack-1.94/

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  It's not just grep but the full gamut of Unix
text processing that I want to use.  To that end, I have wondered if it
would be nice to have, e.g. a copy of the headers one-per-line even if
it's then not RFC-compliant.  Yes, you can cope with a header being
split across many lines, but it gets in the way of the main task.

Cheers,
Ralph.