nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:00:17 -0700

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:47:38 -0500
Devin Hussey <address@hidden> wrote:

> >         set morespace
> >         set quickblank

Removing the blank line below titlebar (morespace) makes it harder to read text
on the first line. Hiding the statusbar (quickblank) makes it easier to read
text on the bottom line.

> Coming from someone who studied both web and graphic design, morespace
> is kind of visually unpleasant. We should have an initial gap at the
> first line, which scrolls away as the user scrolls. I think that looks
> best.

I have one nano instance (kiosk mode) with a huge font size and morespace
because the natural whitespace around the huge text is more than nomorespace
and small text. Your idea would completely negate morespace because the entire
file is always visible. It would need to be its own sometimesmorespace toggle
that is off by default.