Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:13:49 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 03:35:29 -0700, Howard Spindel
<address@hidden> said:

howard> >I'm fairly certain I've heard at least one Windows user
howard> >squeek last time I asked about this ;-).
howard>
howard> Yes, you did, and it was me.

Ah, good, thanks for squeeking again ;-).

howard> I'd be fine with the idea of going ahead and making a release
howard> that only works on a subset of the platforms, as long as
howard> eventually all of the platforms in use are caught up.

OK, that's an argument I can listen to.

howard> I'm working on Windoze only, so I don't need
howard> cross-compatibility of mtn versions between different
howard> OSes.  But other people conceivably might need that.

As it is right now, the current mtn can talk with any mtn down to
version 0.26, at least as long as netsync is the transport (any other
kind of sharing databases comes with no guarantees anyway, as far as I
know).

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:54:10 +0200, Patrick Georgi