Re: [Monotone-devel] listing unknown directories

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] listing unknown directories
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:11:10 +1100

    Derek> Does it make sense to anyone that 'mtn ls unknown' lists the entire
    Derek> tree below an unknown directory?

Seems to make sense IMHO.

    Derek> I'm sure there are possible down-sides to this change. For example it
    Derek> changes the semantics of things like 'mtn ls unknown | mtn xargs add'
    Derek> and 'mtn add --unknown'. However, add recently became non-recursive
    Derek> and I wonder if this makes more sense with that change anyway.

As long as there is still as recursive version, I am happy.

Also for ls known and ls unknown, I would really like it if pathnames
were relative to the current directory, not the base directory, ie:

address@hidden:~/tree/config/include$ mtn ls known .
include
include/config.sh
include/filter

address@hidden:~/tree/config/include$ mtn ls known . | xargs ls -lad
ls: include: No such file or directory
ls: include/config.sh: No such file or directory
ls: include/filter: No such file or directory

The filenames returned should be:
.
./config.sh
./filter