[Monotone-devel] Deleting (was: Approving?)

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Deleting (was: Approving?)
Date: 17 Feb 2004 17:43:47 +0100

graydon hoare writes:

 > it's pretty open territory, you can formulate lots of
 > possible queries.

Isn't sqlite supposed to have some kind of user front-end,
from which you can speak SQL to the database? That doesn't
seem to be included in the monotone distribution? Because
IMHO SQL-access to the database really is all I'll ever
need. And a bit of documentation about the table format,
maybe. :-)

Nonetheless, some standard operations would be nice to have
in Monotone; deleting a whole branch seems the most obvious
to me. That's exactly what I need right now.

I think, though, that such operations on the _depot_ would
be more important. Currently, I re-build them from the
scratch every time I've messed something up, but that's not
really a good solution ... at least if you mess things up as
often as I do.

Peter