[Monotone-devel] Re: Approving?

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Approving?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:59:20 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:
graydon hoare writes:

 > monotone address@hidden cert manifest CHILD ancestor PARENT

OK, I finally got back that particular construction site and
am happy to report, that it worked fine. Thanks for the
explanation!

phew, good to hear.

I have one more question, which is related to this issue:
Does Monotone provide a way to remove certain branches (or
individual patches) from a database and/or from a depot? It
appears that I need to work on the SQL database directly to
do that? Or did I miss something?

no, at the moment I don't think there are any commands which delete stuff from the database. I'd be happy to accept additions in this area -- they're all architecturally feasible -- I just haven't written any.

I was thinking date-based, author-based and branch-based deletion would be the main filter methods. or possibly a combination: "all things on this branch (and no other branches) which are X weeks old and not yet approved by so-and-so people".

it's pretty open territory, you can formulate lots of possible queries.

-graydon