Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] More 'make update' strangeness.
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:34:31 +1100

On 27/03/2013, at 12:47 PM, Ulrich Klauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony Theodore <address@hidden>:
>
>> This won't work reliably for packages where the version is a checksum
>> (eg. openscenegraph, vmime)
>
> I think these are the only examples for now. Perhaps it is sufficient to
> output a message ("found version X that seems to be older than current Y,
> ignoring") which would also help catching issues in other update macros.

It will now [1] output a message like:

"OLD      qtbase  5.0.2 --> 5.0.1 ignoring"

when an older version is found. It fits in with the rest of the outputs, though
I'm not sure if "ignoring" should be "skipping" (or something else).

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/62d4c8c0ce04bf8278dadc79f680d98c34e681b0