lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.15 patch 2

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.15 patch 2
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:26:16 -0800

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 10:48:40AM -0600, Klaus Weide wrote:
> A bunch of stuff.  Had to get this out of my way.
> This is based on top of the previous patch.
>
> I haven't tried to merge any recent patches by others in -
> there is still work to do for Tom...
>
>    Klaus
>
> * Correction in code executed after textarea external editing (that determines
>   when to prompt for re-wrapping): use start_anchor not anchor_ptr.  Without
>   this correction, invalid memory access could occur.  (This was probably
>   also responsible for producing the prompt when it shouldn't be produced
>   in some cases, as has been reported.)
> * Some tweaks of Novice mode help lines: don't show wrong key "to delete all
>   text in field" (FORM_NOVICELINE_TWO); replaced an occurence of <delete>
>   with <backspace>.  In some cases (e.g. disabled fields), prefer no info
>   to wrong info.
> * Extended KEYMAP option: additional field can specify DIRED to request
>   mapping in the Dired mode key_override table rather than the normal
>   keymap table.  Documented the DIRED field and default override mapping
>   in lynx.cfg.
> * Corrected KEYMAP display for dired mode.  It could display the normal
>   binding when that wouldn't actually be used, for example if a key is
<snip>

In lists like the above, it would be nice for USERS if the items
NEEDED BY USERS, ie relating to new keybindgs, new features, etc,
be marked DIFFERENTLY, maybe by TWO asterisks.

Or, maybe the NUMBER of asterisks implies the IMPORTANCE (for the
lynx user).

That way, one (a user) can filter these lists, to cut down
what to read to the usually few things he/she NEEDS to know.

Any comments?  Any OTHER ways to mark these items?

(I'm trying to come up with something REALLY SIMPLE for the
implementor to do -- he/she's done enough work just to have
done the coding!)

David