lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Very confused!!

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Very confused!!
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 20:29:08 -0500 (EST)

991106 Jenns replied to PW who had said:
>> DK has already told you how to get a pre-compiled version,
>> but your references to `the read-me' are not correct,
>> if you obtained the latest release package for 2-8-2.
>> anyway, the short answer is to start at  www.fdisk.com/  as above.
> That's where i got the version i have
> When i try to run it it give's me the this error
>  !Alert unable to access document.
> Sorry for the hassle

we'ld like to help, but you have to describe your problem
in as much detail as you can, without sounding hysterical.
please send all messages to  address@hidden ,
where all the volunteers will see them & you are more likely to get help.

your problem is probably due to the startfile not being accessible:
try  lynx .  (that's `.'), which should call up your current directory,
or  lynx file://localhost/some/directory/and/file/in/your/computer ;
or  lynx http://www.washingtonpost.com/ , which is usually there.

if you still have a problem, ask again here with full details,
but try a few permutations & a bit of thought first.