lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Brett Glass wrote:
>Actually, no; there are no commercial products to compare it to, really,
>nor other freely redistributable ones worth mentioning. It's the only thing
>in its category that could possibly provide a foundation for what we're
>doing. Anything we can't get legally from Lynx we will have to write afresh
>or have "clean roomed" for us.

As I mentioned in my "I hope you release it (or sell it) for use by other
than blind people if it ends up better than Lynx" message, there is also
w3m:

http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/

>From the history information, it looks like it was mostly written by one
person.  I do not know if it falls under the GPL.  You can get the
source and find out.  (I searched around the web page but couldn't find the
answer.)