Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:35:28 -0400

On 10/19/2012 09:55 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> On 19/10/12 13:48, Peter Barada wrote:

>>> Thanks Peter,
>>>
>>> I'll get this applied.
>>>
>>> BTW: did you get a chance to test the "distclean" patch I send you?
>> Sorry, but yes.  My world's a bit tweaked from the standard LTIB since
>> I've hacked up the ltib script to handle git/SVN repositories and run
>> the prep step before checking if anything has changed (only for git/SVN
>> packages).
>>
>> Oce I modified the distclean patch to fit my ltib script it worked
>> for me.
>>

> Okay, if I check-in the patch I made as a baseline, can you then work
> with Mike to see if it's possible to come up with something that will
> work for everyone that includes git/SVN.

Sure.  It will take some time to come up with something suitable for all.

Adding support for SVN/GIT (or other SCM) on a per-package basis makes
my life much easier in trying to support continuous integration (aka
buildbot) as well as multi-person cross-platform development efforts.

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden