Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:30:48 -0400

> I've hacked up the ltib script to handle git/SVN repositories and run
> the prep step before checking if anything has changed (only for git/SVN
> packages).

Funny, I've done the exact same thing.  Used the old "local" flag
idea, but use the vcs type in the spec file:
Version         : hg

When ltib detects the local dir:

# Rebuild something with the source already unpacked
elsif($tok->{version} eq 'hg') {
   $cmd = "$cf->{rpmbuild} -bp "
   . "--define '_topdir $cf->{rpmdir}' "
   . "--define 'showsrcpath 1' $spec";
Had to add a prune on the find command since some hidden version
control files are touched on "update" even if there are no updates.

if [ -e "%{buildsubdir}" ]
then
    hg -v --cwd %{buildsubdir} pull -u
else
: ${ADTEC_MODULES_REPO_PRECONFIG:?must be set to the hg repository to
clone from}
if [ -n "$ADTEC_MODULES_CHANGESET_PRECONFIG" ]
then
    hg clone --uncompressed -r $ADTEC_MODULES_CHANGESET_PRECONFIG
$ADTEC_MODULES_REPO_PRECONFIG %{buildsubdir}
else
    hg clone --uncompressed $ADTEC_MODULES_REPO_PRECONFIG %{buildsubdir}
fi
fi

This made quite a few things easier to manage, continuous integration
was the big beneficiary.