Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Fix bin/depmod.pl to handle 3.x kernels
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:55:21 +0100

On 19/10/12 13:48, Peter Barada wrote:
On 10/19/2012 08:19 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
On 18/10/12 16:33, Peter Barada wrote:
Stuart,

bin/depmod.pl looks for either 2.4 or 2.6 series kernels to determine
formating of /lib/modules/<kernel>/modules.dep.  The older 2.4 series
uses backslashes and blank lines formatting whereas the newer kernels
series doesn't.  Unfortunately depmod.pl determiens a 3.x series kernel
should use the old format which breaks modprobe/modinfo.

The attached patch addresses this by making a 2.4 series kernel "old"
and everything else "new".

Thanks Peter,

I'll get this applied.

BTW: did you get a chance to test the "distclean" patch I send you?
Sorry, but yes.  My world's a bit tweaked from the standard LTIB since
I've hacked up the ltib script to handle git/SVN repositories and run
the prep step before checking if anything has changed (only for git/SVN
packages).

Oce I modified the distclean patch to fit my ltib script it worked for me.

Okay, if I check-in the patch I made as a baseline, can you then work with Mike to see if it's possible to come up with something that will work for everyone that includes git/SVN.

Regards, Stuart