Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi

From: Sean Malloy
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:20:15 -0500

> To be fairly sure it only contains GPL'ed content (or freely distributable)
> Have the sources available (SRPM would be nice), so that other people can
> rebuild the toolchain if they want to.

The repository from where we got the binary toolchains
(http://github.com/raspberrypi/tools) also contains the crosstool-ng
config files that were used to generate them
(https://github.com/raspberrypi/tools/tree/master/configs).

Is it sufficient to include those config files along with a pointer to
crosstool-ng in the platforms/rpi directory?  This is enough
information to re-create the toolchains exactly as they are now.
(Note that it's not necessary to actually include the gcc source
tarballs as crosstool-ng downloads them as needed based on the config
file.)

> Question: do you/Mike think the changes to LTIB are okay/ready to be
> committed to CVS? if so I'll try to get that done over the weekend.

I believe that what is up on my Google docs page is ready to be
released into the wild.  This does not mean it's perfect (Indeed, I
have a branch with changes that I'm not ready to release) but I
believe it works well enough to be useful.

My changes are mostly contained in config/platforms/rpi, and so
shouldn't affect much else in case of disaster.

Thanks for your feedback.

-Sean

--
Sean C. Malloy