Re: [Ltib] CodeSourcery 2010.09-55 toolchain update

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] CodeSourcery 2010.09-55 toolchain update
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:37:11 -0400

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> The problem is that if that rpm contains proprietary components who's
> license does not permit redistribution, it would not be possible to host
> this (legally) on the GPP without permission of CodeSourcery.

Strange, that seems to go against the spirit of the GPL (which
primarily protects distribution).

So I wonder.   If one was to remove the proprietary binaries from the
archive, would it be permissible to redistribute?

Why couldn't someone just re-create the same toolchain? Is there
something special about CS's toolchain?  Doesn't look like it, but I
have only built a handful.