[Ltib] MPC8315E-RDB support, especially the PCI Express part?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [Ltib] MPC8315E-RDB support, especially the PCI Express part?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:40:53 +0200

Hello,

I cannot find MPC8315E support in current LTIB. However, on
Freescale's web site I can download a BSP dated ...20080627_ltib for
the MPC8315E-RDB board.

Also in bitshrine.org, I can find several u-boot and Linux 2.6.24
patches regarding 8315E, but they do not apply to vanilla kernels.

I am a bit confused, what is the situation regarding Linux support
here? My aim is to work with the x1 PCI Express root complex on the
chip.
Also, none of the Freescale patches regarding PCI Express seem to be
brought upstream.

Can anyone help me forward, all my hopes are on Stuart :-)

The latest vanilla kernels (2.6.24+) seem to work OK btw, but I would
like to use PCI Express.

(As usual, I will merge tested and working support into the
OpenEmbedded project.)

Regards,
--
Leon