Re: [Ltib] MPC8315E-RDB support, especially the PCI Express part?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [Ltib] MPC8315E-RDB support, especially the PCI Express part?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 01:44:26 +0200

Hello Stuart,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> The content provided for LTIB and the references to it from Savannah CVS
> are independently managed.  This is for a variety of reasons, including
> that it allows the available content on the GPP to be used by any rootfs
> builder, not just LTIB.

Yes, this is very much appreciated as OE uses it to fetch from directly.

> In this case the 8315 has not been merged out to Savannah (yet).  To get
> help with this BSPs (as it comes from Freescale) you'll need to contact
> them directly:

Will do.

> Note that you should have all the sources (tarballs/patches) in the BSP
> ISO that are needed for to build the default configuration.

Yes, I found that I only needed the SRPM stuff to find the proper
"series" for the large number of patches, in additional to the
individual patches maintained in the GPP at bitshrine.org.

I know have the core stuff fully ported (toolchain, bootloader and
u-boot) to OpenEmbedded, thanks to this.

Also, got the machine to work with an x1 PCIe Intel GbE card.

Very good to see that Freescale is open in their Linux support. Some
more upstream work might be worth the effort; it's too bad if the
patches become obsolete/outdated so quickly.

Regards,
--
Leon