lmi

Re: [lmi] Building libxml++

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Building libxml++
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:25:27 +0000

[This is <address@hidden>'s 2006-09-29 00:08 UTC reply to
<address@hidden>'s September 28, 2006 10:32 -0400 email
that hasn't appeared on this server. I copy it here to preserve
the discussion thread.]

Hello, Wendy!

It seems that make can't find a gcc compiler (if you look into
aclocal.m4 file you'll see that with_gnu_ld=no when there is no gcc
found and then the if on line 5435 sends the execution to the line
5655, then to the line 5803 for mingw and then it try to execute
cygpath which is probably one of cygwin utilities).

Could you please try to check that you can run your gcc under (newly
installed) mingw?

I have not mentioned binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1 package that is also
needed to compile libxml2. I'm sorry for that.

Could you please try to follow the instructions below (slightly modified)?

0) msys and mingw
Install msys (both packages) into c:/my_msys_install
  MSYS-1.0.10.exe
  msysDTK-1.0.1.exe
Unpack the following into c:/my_msys_install/mingw
  gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1
  gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1
  mingw-runtime-3.9
  w32api-3.6
  binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1

run c:/my_msys_install/msys.bat

create /etc/fstab:
$ echo 'c:/my_msys_install/mingw  /mingw' > /etc/fstab

rerun c:/my_msys_install/msys.bat

no change into your libxml2 root directory and do the configure and build.

$ ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --with-debug
--without-iconv --with-schemas --without-schematron --without-modules
$ make
$ make install

That should be working. Please check that your cygwin install or
Microsoft Visual Studio compiler does not interfer (not in the paths).
$ which cl.exe

$ which g++.exe
/mingw/bin/g++.exe

Eugene