lmi

Re: [lmi] Comeau support

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Comeau support
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:41:18 +0000

On 2005-8-29 16:35 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:32:20 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> comeau isn't
> GC> listed as supported here:
> GC>   http://www.wxwidgets.org/platform.htm
> GC> but I very much want to keep using it, at least for lmi unit tests.
>
>  I don't have comeau myself but I'd hope that wxBase does build with it.
> As comeau works as a backend for other compilers (AFAIK), there shouldn't
> be any problems with makefiles for it neither. If you could try compiling
> with it, I could fix any problems that you discover.

Actually, it's a frontend, sort of like the old CFront.
It translates C++ to C, then uses a pluggable C compiler
to generate object code.

Makefiles for comeau might be tricky--at least I've found
them so (see comments in lmi's como_4_3_3.make). But maybe
this is another reason to use bakefile: once bakefile
knows how to build program X with compiler C, I guess it
should be easy to build program Y with the same compiler.