lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Copyable diagnostic messages [Was: Editor for product files

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Copyable diagnostic messages [Was: Editor for product files: sketch of...]
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:40:50 +0200

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:34:14 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> > As wx uses a standard message box for simple messages, it should
GC> > work as long as there is a single message only too. There are 2 problems
GC> > however:
GC> >
GC> > 1. it doesn't work as long as there is more than one message as then a
GC> >    custom dialog (the one with "Details" button) is used and it doesn't
GC> >    support Ctrl-C
GC>
GC> We have very few messages like that. The few that we have all use
GC> wxLog,

 Notice that wxLog still uses the standard message box if there is only one
message. It uses a custom dialog box only if there are more than one of
them.

GC> I believe. I really want to stop using wxLog: it's a great
GC> feature of wx, certainly,

 It isn't great and does have quite a few problems but it's better then
nothing...

GC> but I already have a similar feature of my own that works with console
GC> and cgi-bin interfaces. Probably I could use wxLog with those
GC> interfaces, too,

 Either this or use your own logging but install a wxLog target just
redirecting log messages to your logger in those components which do use
wx.

GC> by making every part of lmi depend on wxBase, but I
GC> really don't want to do that because it would make it harder to
GC> compile, say, unit tests with compilers other than gcc.

 Hmm, I am not sure that I see the relationship between wxBase/wxLog and
using gcc but it's probably not important.

 Regards,
VZ