lmi

Re: [lmi] Copyable diagnostic messages [Was: Editor for product files: s

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Copyable diagnostic messages [Was: Editor for product files: sketch of...]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:32:20 +0000

On 2005-8-28 15:40 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:34:14 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> but I already have a similar feature of my own that works with console
> GC> and cgi-bin interfaces. Probably I could use wxLog with those
> GC> interfaces, too,

[...]
> GC> by making every part of lmi depend on wxBase, but I
> GC> really don't want to do that because it would make it harder to
> GC> compile, say, unit tests with compilers other than gcc.
>
>  Hmm, I am not sure that I see the relationship between wxBase/wxLog and
> using gcc but it's probably not important.

Sometimes, by discussing what seems unimportant, I learn something important.

Here, I meant that I want to keep building unit tests with borland and
especially with comeau, but if everything in lmi that can or should issue
diagnostics (and that means virtually every file) depended on wxBase,
then I'd need wxBase builds for all other compilers. And comeau isn't
listed as supported here:
  http://www.wxwidgets.org/platform.htm
but I very much want to keep using it, at least for lmi unit tests.