Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi

From: Peter Engelbert
Subject: Re: Instructions to install lilypond onto Raspberry Pi
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:21:43 -0700

That's right -- I had to add the repository from the earlier version of Debian
to the apt sources list.  That was the only way I could get it to install.
Compiling a large program such as lilypond from source was far too difficult
for me (I'm a novice when it comes to building from source).

Another way would be to install Arch linux on your raspberry pi, and the arch
repository has 2.19.82, though I can't confirm they have the ARM package.

Don't know if I have much more to add--I can't quite remember how to change the
apt sources as I switched to arch a while ago.

Best,
Peter