Re: Intervals enharmony question

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: Intervals enharmony question
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 15:41:28 +0200

Hello Hans,

Sorry for not knowing, what does GHB mean in our context?

JM

Le 4 mai 2018 à 14:51, Hans Åberg <address@hidden> a écrit :

On 4 May 2018, at 12:00, Wols Lists <address@hidden> wrote:

On 30/04/18 22:46, Torsten Hämmerle wrote:
Hans Åberg-2 wrote
I suspect the least pitch-flexible instrument is the oboe, as one
typically uses that for a tuning reference pitch.

Yep, and just to keep up tradition, it's the oboe player who operates the
digital tuning device. ;D

Until you get the player (or novice conductor!) who tries to tune the
brass section to an A !!!

I've had it happen - someone who insisted I tune my trombone to an A ...

The GHB is tuned to an A at around 480 Hz; some confuse it with a Bb.