Re: Intervals enharmony question

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Intervals enharmony question
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 18:23:51 -0600

On 2018-05-04 07:51 AM, Karlin High wrote:
On 5/4/2018 8:41 AM, Jacques Menu Muzhic wrote:
Hello Hans,

Sorry for not knowing, what does GHB mean in our context?

In another Hans Åberg message less than a month ago, it was an abbreviation for Great Highland Bagpipe.

I tried Googling it, but got an acronym collision with Gamma Hydroxybutyrate, a recreational drug.

There is also the possibility of confusing it with GBH, a police abbreviation of grievous bodily harm, although with the history of the pipes in battle, that wouldn't be wide of the mark.

--
Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind. - Leonardo da Vinci, painter, engineer, musician, and scientist (1452-1519)