RE: Moving guitar fingering orientations

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Moving guitar fingering orientations
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 18:38:48 +1100

Thanks, that fixes it. But according to the documentation, the single note
chordal construction is only needed for string indications, not for
fingering
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#
Fingering-instructions). So it looks like you can show fingering without
making every fingered note a chord, but if you want the fingering to display
anywhere except the default location, then it has to have < > around each
fingered note.

Nick