Re: Moving guitar fingering orientations

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Moving guitar fingering orientations
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:28:30 -0500

Ah. I see it now. Yes, this is easily fixed. How can I alter this snippet? Valentin, this is your purview, right? Is it o.k. if I just make these small changes and email it to you?

Incidentally I find the use of the word "chord" here very misleading, something that has been cleared up in other parts of the docs but remains here. Chord is a musical term meaning multiple notes sounding at once, and to distinguish this from the Lilypond meaning of chord (i.e. anything that appears inside <>, whether it's one note or more than one) it would be better to use "chord construct," as I do in fretted strings (the snippet in question is not really part of the fretted strings file, it's just referenced there, although it looks seamlessly integrated when you look at it on the website).

Jon

Nick Payne wrote:
Trevor

I think the problem is that all the snippets in s.2.4.1 of the manual
showing placing of fingering use actual chords as illustrations, and so it
is not made clear that a single note also requires the chord construct to
enable placing of the fingering. The same problem exists in the section
dealing with fingering at

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com