Re: GDP: flattening the manual to two layers?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: flattening the manual to two layers?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:34:50 +0200

2007/9/11, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Ok, come on, it was hilarious!  But we really need to explain this.

Yes, that made me laugh quite a while indeed...

> Poor Valentin thought I was swearing at him*.  I, of course, was
> referring to the new chapter "Text".

The truth is, I had no idea you were actually refering to something!
Now, don't tell me you were trying to avoid the ambiguity... :)

However, the GDP is creating quite a storm on both -user and -devel; I
try to keep up but we will soon need some strong points. For instance,
you could open a new thread and yell in the Subject field "No new
chapter will be allowed under 5000 lines of texinfo code!!!"

(come on, you know how to yell, don't you :)

Because in case you didn't notice, everybody seems to have suddenly
awaken; lots of users are asking for either longer subsections or
shorter chapters (which is indeed kind of a paradox). Every one has
good points, strong arguments no matter what's his point of view...
Frankly, I don't know if you realize what you've started ;-)

Cheers,
Valentin