Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

Werner LEMBERG wrote
> we would need to set up another font instance for posters and the
> like, without any edge smoothing...  I still think that a
> postprocessor is the way to go.

Don't get me wrong, the global post-processing would be very cool if
someone's willing to figure out how to do it, but it just seems like a more
difficult challenge than just updating the glyphs.

If we really wanted to use the fonts for a large poster print, why not just
make another version without the rounds called emmentaler-poster or
emmentaler-72? In reality, the rounds would simply be REALLY TINY, virtually
unnoticeable, which practically could just be omitted at these very large
sizes. I would think that the /most common/ usage of these fonts is NOT for
posters, though.

-Abraham