Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:29:11 +0200

Hi Abraham,

this sounds very interesting indeed. I'd be most interested in seeing some comparison examples!

I can't help you at all with your actual question, but I have a question of my own: Could you please make somewhat more clear what the use case is exactly (in terms of your "users")? My main question is why exactly you want ot edit the .odt files and not the sources. I mean you are writing a Python script, so your users wouldn't mess with Metafont anyway. Of course Modifying the .otf is faster and doesn't require a LiylPond build. But wouldn't it be a very nice touch if the modifications you made could principally be integrated into LilyPond itself (or at least a custom build).

Urs