Re: shall we rename X-offset (and similar) to lowercase?

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: shall we rename X-offset (and similar) to lowercase?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

janek.lilypond wrote
> However, I think when discussing case-sensitiveness, we agreed to a
> following convention: LilyPond should differentiate between upper- and
> lowercase, but no commands/properties/etc. should differ only by case.

so the validity of a command/property/etc. can be checked by setting both
the user input and the internal LilyPond expectation to lowercase and that's
it!

with this we can write /down DoWn dOwN down DOWN/ or whatever contains these
4 letters in this order

same with keyCancellation  (or is it KeyCancellation?)

one well known problem of course is \score and \Score

quoting Joram:

/… it is more important to make things easy for users /

Eluze