Re: Don't report a programming error when trying to align grob with an e

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Don't report a programming error when trying to align grob with an empty extent (issue 7533046)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:39:03 +0000

Patchset 5 warns the user when the extent is empty and stencil isn't.
However, i'm not sure if we should warn about such situations at all;
i haven't found any similar warnings in the codebase. Also, detecting
non-empty stencils with empty extents is quite unrelated to alignment
code.

Please choose between patchsets 4 and 5.

I prefer 5.  The warning does no harm if it is
never triggered, but is there in case some future
change elsewhere assumes a non-empty stencil will
be aligned even if its extent is empty.  It is
relevant to these alignment routines as they cannot
calculate the offset required to achieve the specified
alignment of such grobs, so should warn if a caller
appears to be expecting them to do that.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/7533046/