Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (issue 7310075)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 00:11:24 +0000

On 2013/03/13 20:40:36, dak wrote:
"Keith OHara" <mailto:address@hidden> writes:

> The C standard requires the variables to be equal after assignment.
> C99 5.4.2.2: "Except for assignment and cast (which remove all extra
> range and precision), the values of operations with floating
operands
> [...] are evaluated to a format whose range and precision may be
> greater than required by the type."

"May be".  It may be greater for left*factor, and not greater for
right*factor.  The reduction of extra precision happens only _after_
adding offset.

There may be further sentences in the C standard that specify consistent
use of precision.  On there other hand, there may be an option for an
implementation to say its use of precision is "indeterminable".

This still describes possible problems with floating point.  I have
found no specific problem with this patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/