Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (iss

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (issue 7310075)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:34:58 +0100

On 12 mars 2013, at 23:44, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> i've read changes in code and i don't quite get what this change is for.
> What makes it possible that we can now accept boxes that are narrower
> than epsilon?  What can we achieve with that and why?
>
> I'm sorry for asking such boring questions, but this is one of your
> smallest patches and therefore i'd like to actually understand what you
> are doing here - with your regular changes it's way too difficult for me
> ;)
>
> cheers,
> Janek
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/

Good question!

Imagine that there is a notehead with a width smaller than epsilon.  We'd like
to use it to position elements, but if skylines throw away anything with a
width less than epsilon, the note head will not be part of the skyline and
things will be positioned on top of it.

The concern before was a comment about numerical inaccuracy, but after having
tested the patch, this seems not to be an issue.

Cheers,
MS