Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440

From: dak
Subject: Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440084)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:33:07 +0000

On 2012/01/20 14:55:38, dak wrote:
On 2012/01/20 14:08:18, MikeSol wrote:

> Otherwise, it's better to use the C++ function.  In this case:
> ly_is_listened_event_class
> (in translator.cc)

Will do.

Very funny.  After putting the (required) prototype into
translator.hh, it takes hours to recompile on my slow machine.

Rest is shaping up.  For your programmatic uses of LilyPond, consider
using "extract-named-music" and "extract-typed-music" (yes, you'll get
to see _that_ only after I got through with address@hidden@! recompilation but
then I might fork it out into a separate commit) since they get rather
transparently at material without bothering about NoteEvent layers in
between.

Should I be forking the rhythmic-music-iterator stuff into the
separate review (it's dormant code elsewhere, so Patchy is not all too
informative once it compiles) or is it visible enough in here?  It is,
after all, pretty well-separated and requires the Issue 2233 patch as
basis (currently also contained in this review but going to leave once
I commit and it percolates to master).

http://codereview.appspot.com/5440084/