Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:31:25 +0100

Am 27.11.2010 10:17, schrieb David Kastrup:
address@hidden writes:

Yes, the assumption is that the string specification needs to be in
the same order as the note specification.  When the documentation is
done, we'll need to be sure that is mentioned.  If you specify the
notes and the strings in reverse order, it's likely to be impossible
to find frets that are close enough together to meet both notes.
Sorry to disagree, but I see two sane approaches here.

a) when the specification is not in the required order, throw an error.
b) when the specification is not in the required order, sort it.

IMHO, a) is the way to go. The source files are much more
readable when the input structure resembles the string specification.

I don't think that there is an easy way to sort the notes according
to the string specifications when the user mixes everything up.

Just my 2ct

Marc