Re: [Patch:] Tablature: provide custom fret labels

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [Patch:] Tablature: provide custom fret labels
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:24:07 +0100

Am 27.11.2010 02:41, schrieb Carl Sorensen:

On 11/24/10 12:40 AM, "Marc Hohl"<address@hidden>  wrote:

Am 24.11.2010 00:41, schrieb Neil Puttock:
On 23 November 2010 23:30, Carl Sorensen<address@hidden>   wrote:

Pushed, thanks.

That was quick, thanks!
I'm sorry I'm a bit late, but this

+(define-markup-command (customFretLabel
+                                layout props fret-label) (string?)

seems unncessary; it's just an inferior version of vcenter.  There's
nothing about it which applies specifically to frets.

Sorry - in my first version, I had some font-specific arguments in this
definition, but then decided that this markup should simply use the defaults
used for the fret numbers, so I removed the font stuff.

Marc,

Is there a reason you can't just set the 'text property of the TabNoteHead?
That would seem to me to be the easiest way to do this.
Um, I didn't think of it, so I did a quick test:

\new TabStaff <<
  \new TabVoice {
     e1
  \override TabNoteHead #'text = "foo"
  e1
  }

But this doesn't archieve what I want. Furthermore, when I look at the internals, I don't see a 'text property of TabNoteHead documented. Am I missing something?

Marc
Thanks,

Carl