Re: Broken refs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Broken refs
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 05:09:49 -0700

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:46:33PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2009/8/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > As for the "one big HTML" docs, I'd suggest that it @ref to the
> > splitted general html.  That said, I've never been a fan of the
> > "one big html" stuff, so if anybody who uses that wants to argue
> > that we *should* create one big general.html... and if that person
> > wants to patch the init script or whatever so that we generate
> > such a file... then I won't object.
>
> I'm not sure to understand it well. A reader of the big page does not
> want him to be taked off from there to a splitted page, but rather
> stay on the document him/her is reading. Unless we could easily switch
> between big to splitted and vice versa just by means of 1-click(TM)

The question is this: suppose you're reading AU x.y, and it says
"for information about setting up lilypond for command-line use on
MacOS X, see __MacOS X__".

(__MacOS X__ is currently on the new website, Downloads->MacOS X)

Now, if the user clicks on __MacOS X__, should he be taken to a
splitted html page (i.e. exactly what you see on the new website),
or should he be taken to a "one big html page" version of the new
website?  Either way, he will be taken away from his current
document if he clicks on the link.

Cheers,
- GRaham