Re: Broken refs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Broken refs
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 04:18:53 -0700

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:06:20PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le jeudi 06 août 2009 à 11:35 +0100, Trevor Daniels a écrit :
> > > Not until we have @rweb or @rgeneral or whatever it gets called.
> > > At least, that's what the @ref{Setup for MacOS X} are waiting for.
>
> Adding cross-references macros in macros.itexi should work out of the
> box for HTML splitted pages and Info.  For other formats, it will
> require some xref->@uref hacky conversion, as I think a web site in one
> big HTML or single PDF page doesn't make much sense, does it?

No; I think the pdf manuals should link to lilypond.pdf (renamed
from general.pdf), and the info manuals should link to
lilypond.info (again with the renaming).  The whole point about
remaking the website in texinfo was that we *could* generate it in
whatever format people wanted.  :)

As for the "one big HTML" docs, I'd suggest that it @ref to the
splitted general html.  That said, I've never been a fan of the
"one big html" stuff, so if anybody who uses that wants to argue
that we *should* create one big general.html... and if that person
wants to patch the init script or whatever so that we generate
such a file... then I won't object.

> make check-xrefs

Cool!

I need to spend 1-2 more days on the AU, but then I'll finally
start my CG review.  I'll definitely add this at that point.

Cheers,
- Graham