Re: Broken refs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Broken refs
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 02:06:12 -0700

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 09:50:56AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> I've just pushed another fix for broken refs resulting from your doc
> reorganisation.

Oops, I forgot that I need to "touch foo.tely" before testing.
That said, it would only find the broken @ref, not the broken
@rprogram stuff.

> As there seems to be no replacement nodes all I can do
> is comment them out with a FIXME.  Any chance you could add replacement
> nodes as you go so we can fix the links properly rather than scattering
> FIXMEs throughout the docs?

Not until we have @rweb or @rgeneral or whatever it gets called.
At least, that's what the @ref{Setup for MacOS X} are waiting for.
I admit that I could fix the @rprogram{LilyPond-book} link right
now if it was a priority.

One possible idea would be to add your ref-checking script to the
source tree, so that I could find and comment out these sections
myself... but IIRC, John was going to add such reference-checking
to the build script itself.

Basically, the doc build process is in flux at the moment.  If
symptoms persist for longer than a week, we'll call a doctor.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham