small staff massacre

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: small staff massacre
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:50:59 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> %   4. Rests under beams have incorrect offsets; this may be a consequence
> %      of bug 3.  [The vertical position of the rest in the normally sized
> %      staff is incorrect also -- it is too high and should be put as near
> %      to the original position as possible.]

I revised this code, and tuned the properties.

> %   5. Stems under beams are too short.  Another consequence of 3.?

No. extra-offset is completely independent of the formatting engine.
The beam and stem code freely assumed 1.0 == staff_space. I have fixed
several instances of this.

> %   6. Positioning of slurs is different.
> %

The slur code is too broken to investigate this in more detail;
they're readable, and details will have to wait until the next
rewrite.