Re: two bugs in ties

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: two bugs in ties
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:35:05 +0100

Rune Zedeler wrote:

> I find it very difficult to debug this - even my own bugs

I don't think that the bug is caused by the accidentals engraver - after
all.
Comparing the tie-engraver in 1.4.10 and 1.5.28 you see

1.4.10:
          int comp
            = Pitch::compare (*unsmob_pitch
(now_heads_[i].req_l_->get_mus_property ("pitch")),
                                      *unsmob_pitch
(stopped_heads_[j].req_l_->get_mus_property
("pitch")));

1.5.28:
          int comp
            = head_position_compare (now_heads_[i], stopped_heads_[j]);

It seems like 1.5.28 for some reason only compares by position and not
by accidental and this is very likely to cause this bug.
Why the change has been made I don't know and hence I will not try and
fix it. (Just happy that the bug was not caused by me)

-Rune