Re: two bugs in ties

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: two bugs in ties
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:49:22 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Ugh!  Something has been severely broken wrt ties.  This is very bad.
> It seems that 1.4.10 is fine.

No, I'm afraid that also 1.4.10 has problems.
I.e.

\score { \notes \transpose c'''
  \context Staff {
    <e>~<e>
  }
}

produces no tie.

But the problem is worse now than in 1.4.10 - because now there is also
problems with accidentals, before there was only problems at start of
score.
I find it very difficult to debug this - even my own bugs - because I do
not entirely understand how you imagined the tie handling to function.
And when I have no bug-free stable-release to look at it is getting
quite complicated from here...
Of course I'll keep hacking in the source, but I am not sure that I will
come up with anything. Help appreciated and if anyone has questions
relating to my accidentals patch then please don't hesitate to ask me.

-Rune