libcvd-members

Re: [libcvd-members] FAST corner detection--- RFC

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: Re: [libcvd-members] FAST corner detection--- RFC
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:56:10 -0600 (MDT)

Does anyone ever use FAST corners without nonmax? I think that nonmax suppression should be the default operation. Is there a good reason to provide non nonmax functions?

Yes, I do. I initialise my features on max locations, then run detection on all cornery regions.

Interesting.

How about having

fast_corner_detect_XX()

and

fast_corner_detect_XX_nonmax()

Sounds cool. In my experience the SSE detection has occasionally been a bit haphazard in the configure script - it'd be nice to have a way of knowing

How so? What machines does it fail on?

that you are in fact getting the SCREAMING SIMD version if you want it. Currently, the compile brekage if you don't accomplishes that.

How so? It's supposed to use non SSE versions if it doesn't detect it.

-Ed