libcvd-members

[libcvd-members] FAST corner detection--- RFC

From: Edward Rosten
Subject: [libcvd-members] FAST corner detection--- RFC
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:54:25 -0600 (MDT)

After a comment from Georg a while back, I now believe that the "max threshold for which point is still a corner" is a better way of doing the corner score.

Does anyone ever use FAST corners without nonmax? I think that nonmax suppression should be the default operation. Is there a good reason to provide non nonmax functions?

We have about 1e6 FAST detector functions. Ethan has contributed faster_* which are the fastest versions and are exact. I now have non SSE versions which are also exact (not yet in CVS). I'm planning on merging these in to:

fast_corner_detect_?

with the configure script selecting the version. Also, since they're now all exact, the original fast_corner_detect function can go.

The changes are small, but will probably cause minor breakage.

Comments?

-Ed