iiwusynth-devel

RE: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] RE: Hi - Very quiet list - my fi

From: Mark Knecht
Subject: RE: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] RE: Hi - Very quiet list - my first post
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:55:43 -0800

Peter,
   In this case a non/new-user is asking questions of the master without
appropriate study first. Please be kind Yoda.

   I think Chris and I were under the impression (certainly I was) that
Fluid-synth handled only a single MIDI channel at a time. If I now
understand correctly, you are telling me it actually can handle 16 different
channels and 256 simultaneous voices all at the same time? If this is the
case then completely covers my previous question.

   I need to determine how to map each specific soundfont to a specific MIDI
channel. What I understood from the command line was that I entered a list
of options, and then a list of soundfonts. I did not see how to associate
the first soundfont with MIDI channel 1, the second with MIDI channel 2, the
third with 3, etc. I still don't. I think (possibly) that's what Chris was
asking about.

   I need to get some soundfonts and do some experimenting with Fluid-synth.
I did not realize it had this much polyphonic capability.

thanks much,
Mark