iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Proposition: Settings API

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Proposition: Settings API
Date: 09 Dec 2002 13:26:09 -0800

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 05:32, Peter Hanappe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As Josh said, the current way to change the values in the setting
> structure is not a good long term solution. Also, if we design
> a good API, the settings may be reused more generally as a control
> interface to the synthesizer. Below you find what I've got so far.
> I commited a test implementation of the settings API in the current
> CVS version. You can play with it in the shell interface of iiwusynth.
>
> Ideas are welcome!
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

<cut>

> Similarly you can get the value of a parameter as:
>
>    iiwu_settings_getnum(settings, "midi.channels", &value);
>    iiwu_settings_getstr(settings, "midi.driver.name", &s);

It looks like the "settings" parameter is not part of these functions
yet. Just wanted to make sure this was on purpose and not an oversight.
Does the settings API work currently? I was just starting to update the
Swami iiwusynth plugin when I realized that there was no settings
instance parameter to the settings functions. Cheers.
        Josh Green